This website is designed to go with Jason S. Wrench, Danette Ifert Johnson, and Maryalice Citera’s book Training and Talent Development: Intersecting Communication, Human Performance Improvement, and Organizational Effectiveness.
Training and Talent Development: Intersecting Communication, Human Performance Improvement, and Organizational Effectiveness highlights the amazing world of training and development (T&D) while exploring the two basic factors related to it. Written by a unique combination of authors with education, communication, and industrial/organizational psychology backgrounds, Training and Development is an informative, scholarly, and practical publication for undergraduate courses and professional use.
Training and Talent Development: Intersecting Communication, Human Performance Improvement, and Organizational Effectiveness:
• Emphasizes communication as the central driving force for training and human performance improvement.
• Presents best practices and strategies modern T&D professionals have developed for both creating and delivering training programs and performance improvement interventions.
• Provides an overview of the modern T&D field, its major organizations, key luminaries, and best practices used by today’s T&D professionals.
• Fuses practical information with scholarly research to help the reader understand and fine-tune best practices.
• Is practical! The publication provides many ideas and downloadable tools (worksheets, templates, etc.) that readers can use to create T&D projects (right on this website).
Although copies of this text may be found through your favorite large bookstore outlet. The easiest way to purchase a copy of our book is to get it directly from the publisher.
Purchase a copy of the physical book.